October 22nd 2019
“I called Sutherland Plumbing to put in a new kitchen sink and I absolutely love it! The recommendations for the sink were spot-on to our style and the garbage disposal is super quiet. I’m so happy with the service that I’ve asked for estimates for replacing some bathroom sinks, too. This is such high quality.”
5 Stars (Yelp)
H J – Portland, OR
New water heaters save you $$$ and they’re one of our specialties!
Here’s another 5-Star Yelp Review from one of our valued customers here in Beaverton!
October 5th 2019
Fast. Thorough. Professional. Prompt. Communicative. Quality. These all describe the service I received from these guys for my water main leak.
I called the office and Courtney got my info and said I’d get a call soon. Soon indeed, Ti called and I told him about the problem. Soon again, Cameron showed up. He listened to me completely as I described the situation and we went over things. Then he did his inspection and measurements and gave me two options to fix the leak. He went over everything that I could expect with the work, thoroughly. Before he left, he made a temporary hookup bypassing the leak, so I’d have water.
A few days later the crew arrived promptly. By noon or so they were waiting for the City inspector to come and approve the completed work. They had torn out the old plumbing, removed deep thick tree roots (that probably had a lot to do with causing the problem) and installed all the new plumbing from the street meter up to the house.
Oh, they also cleaned out a clog, repaired my drain pipe and fixed a toilet-flush issue to boot. Before they left, they made sure everything was pristine.
Bottom line: No one likes needing a big repair, but you may as well get it done right and that’s how these guys work.
5 Stars (Yelp)
Richard C – Beaverton, OR
Part 1 – Nothing Quite Like Brand New Under-Sink Plumbing!
Ever heard it said: “The cheap comes out expensive in the end?”
This especially applies in the plumbing trade!
The image below is of two 1.5″ tubular slip nuts, I haven’t found a house yet without one. They make the seal under your sinks to the drain pipes.
(Right) is a cheap plastic one, notice the huge crack.
This resulted in a damaged wood cabinet, damaged wood floors, stinky, gross drain water all over the place & an unexpected service call from the plumber!
(Left) is a solid metal one.
Note: Sutherland Plumbing only uses the higher quality metal ones!
Had the original plumber invested about .50 cents more – all of this would have been avoided!
There’s never been a better time to have your storage tank type water heater replaced!
If you’re even considering a new water heater or have the slightest concern your existing one is “on its last legs,” it would do you well to familiarize yourself with some major changes and new efficiency standards which have totally transformed the water heater market as we know it.
Cutting through all the “blah blah blah” – this means purchasing a new water heater after April 16th 2015 as required by state and federal authorities, costs you more money! Although more efficient than ever, here are a few reasons why the new heaters cost more:
1) The appliance itself is more expensive right out of the box.
2) Installation can become more labor intensive.
3) The new units are becoming larger in size due to increased amounts of insulation. This means in many cases where space is already limited, options include but are not limited to: completely relocating the appliance, substantial demolition & construction to accommodate the newer larger size and retro-fitting for a tank-less model upgrade. The larger size heaters may also require additional manpower to lift and locate the unit.
4) Newer Energy Star Gas models require 120 volts in order to operate. This means not only might you need plumbing & mechanical work, but an electrician may need to be summoned to run a new electrical circuit. Sutherland Plumbing can provide this service upon request. (https://www.energystar.gov)
All of this means more $$$!
Make no mistake, the new appliances are more efficient – but not by a large margin compared to today’s already energy efficienct standards – unless viewed in the grand scheme of things. For example; it is estimated by the U.S. Department of Energy that a staggering 63 billion dollars will be saved in energy costs by 2044! Now zoom in from there and consider what part of that will be your share of the 63 billion over the course of 25 years. Remember, water heaters only last on average 15 years before requiring replacement. If you’re tracking the numbers – that’s approximately two brand new water heaters for you and your home.
More money spent by consumers on goods and services as described above improves the economy, while less money spent on utility bills conserves precious energy. You see the win-win situation there?
Installation of a new Bradford White 50 gallon gas or electric water heater.
This job includes:
- Removal & disposal of old water heater.
- Install new Bradford White 50 gallon gas or electric water heater.
- New premium isolation (shut off) valves replaced / installed on Hot outgoing and Cold incoming.
- Earthquake restraints: industrial grade Seismic restraint kit installed & fastened securely to framing structure with blocking as needed (aka studs).
- Thermal expansion tank.
- Solid brass and copper fittings (no steel).
- COMPLETE 10 year WARRANTY on ALL parts.
- Sutherland Plumbing’s labor warranty.
- Required plumbing permit.
Call or email us today for a NO COST written estimate for a new water heater installation or to schedule an appointment!
Sutherland Plumbing – Your Whole Home Solution!
Whether It’s Your kitchen, Bathroom, Laundry Room, Basement or Outdoor Plumbing – Sutherland Plumbing’s the One for the job!
Sutherland Plumbing’s Hard Work, Dedication & Quality Workmanship.
It’s Not Just Talk, It’s Who We Are.
Whether The Job is Big or Small – The Construction New or Old – Sutherland Plumbing is Ready for Everything!
Sutherland Plumbing Has The Equipment, Manpower, Attention to Detail & Quality Workmanship for Your Home or Business!