There’s never been a better time to have your storage tank type water heater replaced!
If you’re even considering a new water heater or have the slightest concern your existing one is “on its last legs,” it would do you well to familiarize yourself with some major changes and new efficiency standards which have totally transformed the water heater market as we know it.
Cutting through all the “blah blah blah” – this means purchasing a new water heater after April 16th 2015 as required by state and federal authorities, costs you more money! Although more efficient than ever, here are a few reasons why the new heaters cost more:
1) The appliance itself is more expensive right out of the box.
2) Installation can become more labor intensive.
3) The new units are becoming larger in size due to increased amounts of insulation. This means in many cases where space is already limited, options include but are not limited to: completely relocating the appliance, substantial demolition & construction to accommodate the newer larger size and retro-fitting for a tank-less model upgrade. The larger size heaters may also require additional manpower to lift and locate the unit.
4) Newer Energy Star Gas models require 120 volts in order to operate. This means not only might you need plumbing & mechanical work, but an electrician may need to be summoned to run a new electrical circuit. Sutherland Plumbing can provide this service upon request. (https://www.energystar.gov)
All of this means more $$$!
Make no mistake, the new appliances are more efficient – but not by a large margin compared to today’s already energy efficienct standards – unless viewed in the grand scheme of things. For example; it is estimated by the U.S. Department of Energy that a staggering 63 billion dollars will be saved in energy costs by 2044! Now zoom in from there and consider what part of that will be your share of the 63 billion over the course of 25 years. Remember, water heaters only last on average 15 years before requiring replacement. If you’re tracking the numbers – that’s approximately two brand new water heaters for you and your home.
More money spent by consumers on goods and services as described above improves the economy, while less money spent on utility bills conserves precious energy. You see the win-win situation there?
Installation of a new Bradford White 50 gallon gas or electric water heater.
This job includes:
- Removal & disposal of old water heater.
- Install new Bradford White 50 gallon gas or electric water heater.
- New premium isolation (shut off) valves replaced / installed on Hot outgoing and Cold incoming.
- Earthquake restraints: industrial grade Seismic restraint kit installed & fastened securely to framing structure with blocking as needed (aka studs).
- Thermal expansion tank.
- Solid brass and copper fittings (no steel).
- COMPLETE 10 year WARRANTY on ALL parts.
- Sutherland Plumbing’s labor warranty.
- Required plumbing permit.
Call or email us today for a NO COST written estimate for a new water heater installation or to schedule an appointment!
Sutherland Plumbing – Your Whole Home Solution!
Whether It’s Your kitchen, Bathroom, Laundry Room, Basement or Outdoor Plumbing – Sutherland Plumbing’s the One for the job!
Sutherland Plumbing’s Hard Work, Dedication & Quality Workmanship.
It’s Not Just Talk, It’s Who We Are.
Whether The Job is Big or Small – The Construction New or Old – Sutherland Plumbing is Ready for Everything!
Sutherland Plumbing Has The Equipment, Manpower, Attention to Detail & Quality Workmanship for Your Home or Business!
Underground water main line replacement. One of Sutherland Plumbing’s specialties!
Master Plumber Ti Sutherland gets ’em halfway home with this new bathtub & shower valve install!
The photo below is the result of using plumbing code-compliant galvanized steel for water connections. Yes, I said code compliant and before you start thinking this is WW2 era – this fitting was installed in 2011! If any of your pipes look like this, they’re living on borrowed time.
Let’s remember: “Code” is a bare minimum set of standards set forth with the intent being to keep people safe and alive. We all know we can exceed minimum standards in almost every aspect of life. At Sutherland Plumbing LLC we don’t even stock this material nor is it allowed on our job sites!
We use brass or stainless steel. The fitting you see in this picture costs about .60¢, the brass replacement about $5.00. This is a microcosm of every single material and installation standard at Sutherland Plumbing LLC.
Our Master Plumber & Co-owner, Ti Sutherland has no problem doing the dirty work when necessary. Sutherland Plumbing: whatever it takes!