Here in the Portland Metro area and across the nation, school is officially back in session! As a family company, we here at Sutherland Plumbing would like to remind all of our blog readers to please drive safely. Here are a few tips to help keep you, your family, your neighbors and your community safe:
- Carefully read and follow all traffic safety signals and signs.
- When in a school zone please take extra precaution to closely obey the reduced speed requirements.
- When in a school zone, please DO NOT speed-up until you are completely out of the school zone.
- DO NOT text, email or instant message under any circumstances while driving. If it’s that important – pullover to a safe place before using your phone.
- Even if you’re on a phone call using a hands-free device, please be aware that your attention is still distracted and be extra cautious while using the hands-free device.
- This time of year, there are many kids around, even outside of school zones and school hours. Please be careful even while driving outside of school zones and/or school hours.
- If in doubt – SLOW DOWN!
Let’s all work together to keep our kids safe. Drive with extra caution and safety this school season!
Sutherland Plumbing, LLC is committed to community safety and supports efforts to raise awareness of a rising threat to us all: “distracted driving.” Distracted driving has unfortunately been proven to be one of the leading causes of injuries & deaths resulting from automobile accidents. Our company policy prohibits the use of mobile communication devices while driving. Our goal is to be 100% compliant. We are looking to the community for help in accomplishing our goal of 100% safe driving.
You can help hold us accountable! Be on the lookout for a Sutherland Plumbing, LLC company vehicle, as seen in the photo below. If you see any Sutherland Plumbing employee using a mobile communication device in a way that violates Oregon’s statute 811.507 you can earn $100.00 by simply noting the date, time & vehicle license plate number. Submit your findings to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to investigate the incident & reward individuals for helping us become 100% compliant.
With Sutherland Plumbing, it’s always “safety first.” Just another example of the “Sutherland Plumbing Difference!”
Please Note: Reward payouts are subject to an in-house investigation that leads to proof that a Sutherland Plumbing, LLC employee was in violation of Oregon’s statute 811.507 – “Operating motor vehicle while using mobile communication device.”